The Judging Processes
Each Award Category is judged by a separate Panel of Judges. The judges come from the private and public sector, industries and the academia, and are selected based on their knowledge and expertise in the field they are judging in.
A separate Judging Committee selects the winner for The Prime Minister’s “Best of the Best" Award from the winners selected by the Judging Panels of the respective Award Categories.
The rules governing the judging process include the following:
1) The process commences from the date of closing of nominations.
2) The criteria set out for the MSC Malaysia APICTA Awards program is the general judging criteria and the Judging Panel of the respective Award Categories may modify the judging criteria and weightages to suit the respective Category in consultation with the Judging Chairman of the Awards.
3) The Panels in consultation with the Judging Chairman may transfer any nomination received to another Category to ensure "best fit". The nominee will be informed of the transfer.
4) The initial judging is through online review of the nominations by the Judging Panel.
5) The respective Judging Panels of each Award Category will shortlist the nominees for the final judging. Shortlisted nominees will be notified and invited to present and demonstrate their products to the Panel of Judges.
6) The decisions of the Judging Panels are final and binding.
7) The Panel of Judges reserves the right not to give an Award for a Category, should the nominations not meet the standard.
8) Merits may be given at the Judges discretion.
9) The final results will be announced during the Awards Presentation Ceremony
10) All materials received during the judging process shall remain confidential